LITTLEBOROUGH CIVIC TRUST
Minutes of meeting held on the 9th May 2017
at Hare Hill House, Littleborough
Peter Hook, Ian Jackson, John F. Kay, Iain S. Gerrard, Michael Price, Gillian Price, Councillor Ann Stott, Councillor Janet Emsley, Angie Walker, Julian Farnell & Vivienne Ashworth (visitor).
1. The meeting opened at 7.00pm with the Secretary, Ian Jackson welcoming everyone. Chairman Peter Hook arrived a short time later with Professor David Evans
2. Apologies for absence were received from: Murray Knight, Tim Wood, Carl Clancy, Shaun Clancy & Nick Andrews.
3. Condolences were expressed for fellow committee member Carl Clancy and his family
4. The previous minutes of 11th April were agreed.
5. Treasurers Report - John F Kay
Total of £4211.16 in the bank of which £1869.82 is ring-fenced for the Canalside Development Group. No change.
At this point, Peter Hook and Professor David Evans arrived, who then gave an overview of the national picture with Civic Voice and various other Civic Trusts/Societies.
6. Planning Applications – ALL
Mr Eddie Wroe who spoke to Littleborough Civic Ttust Committee at the previous meeting has re-submitted a planning application for a bungalow on land at Ealees due to RMBC Planning Deptartment indicating that the roofline was not in keeping with the area and that they would ‘prefer’ two houses on the plot instead of a single bungalow.
Ian Jackson pointed out the fact that Mr. Wroe was not a property developer, but simply wanted a single storey bungalow for himself and his wife to reside in.
Throughout the discussion, Councillor Janet Emsley took notes, stating she was meeting the planning officer concerned in the case the following morning.
Councillor Ann Stott declined from the discussion due to being a member of RMBC Planning Committee.
Following the discussion, the meeting closed due to time constraints. The reason being Prof David Evans’s presentation.
Next meeting 13th June 2017. At 7.00pm at Hare Hill House.
Littleborough Civic Trust