Members present:

Peter Hook, Ian Jackson, John F Kay, Michael Price, Gillian Price,
Iain S Gerrard, Nick Andrews, Shaun Clancy, Carl Clancy, Angie Walker & Julian Farnell.

1. The meeting opened at 7.00 pm with Peter Hook welcoming everyone.

2. Apologies for absence:None received.

3. Submissions for Any Other Business: Michael Price regarding Crook Hill Community Fund; Iain S. Gerrard regarding Government proposals for a Northern Forest; John F. Kay regarding a sound system for Littleborough Square

4. Matters arising from previous minutes: The minutes were agreed with no matters arising

5. Treasurers Report - John F Kay
Littleborough Civic Trust funds: £2171.34
Canalside: £1779.82
Membership fees for 2018 are now due (Peter Hook to put a reminder in the newsletter).
Some fees have been received directly into the Littleborough Civic Trust account. Five members paid at the meeting.

6. Littleborough Neighbourhood Forum
Before discussions/actions can be taken by Littleborough Civic Trust the Neighbourhood Forum has to be officially closed down. Peter Hook to send a letter to Rochdale MBC to this effect.

7. Planning ApplicationsALL

• Akzo Nobel site
As stated in previous minutes, the site has been purchased by HM Government, Housing & Communities Agency. A letter from Littleborough Civic Trust has been published at Rochdale Online and in the Rochdale Observer regarding our concerns for the Akzo site. The Housing &Communities Agency has also been approached regarding Littleborough Civic Trust's concerns and we are awaiting a reply from them. Once Littleborough Civic Trust has received the information they require, a Community Group is to be set up to discuss the ramifications of any pending decisions.

• New St development
Planning permission has been submitted for the building of 58 properties on New Road, Dearnley. Again, LCT has concerns regarding this build due to the possibility of increasing the flooding risks in this area. However, a local residents group exists which is opposed to this development.

8. Littleborough Canalside Development Group - John F Kay
There is a decision in principle from RochdaleMBC that the boat can be stored in the shed on Schofield Street. This will allow restoration to commence and Insurance to be sought.
Planning application for the boat is still in progress with John F. Kay

9. Conservation Areas
A meeting of interested parties is to take place in early February. The meeting will discuss which areas need to be included and will take advice on how to go about this change with the help of Rochdale MBC’s Conservation Officer. Littleborough Civic Trust would like to see Hare Hill House and Park included along with Bare Hill St and the Co-op properties and related areas and the area around the former Rake Inn on Blackstone Edge Old Road.

10. Local Signage Group
The group is looking at establishing a Littleborough Tourist Trail with associated signage, as a priority they are designing an events board to be situated in Littleborough Centre for use by all groups.
Hopwood Hall College has been approached to look at map design.
The group will meet on a regular basis to take these ideas forward with the help of possible funding from Rochdale MBC.

11. News/Events
It was agreed that we should celebrate Civic Day in June. The main proposal was for ‘Rock in the Park’ on Saturday 16th June 2018. All members were encouraged to forward their ideas for this event to Angie Walker who will collate the information and bring to the next Littleborough Civic Trust meeting. It is imperative that we start planning in good time.

12. Flood Resilience Group update - Michael Price
No recent information

13. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly scheme
As there has been a hiatus over the Xmas period it was felt that any decisions re winners etc. will be discussed at the Littleborough Civic Trust February meeting.
Peter Hook will include this item in our next newsletter in case there are any late entries.
Michael Price will then send a list of entries to members to consider which they want to vote for in each category prior to the decision making in February.

14. Canalside Development Group
John F Kay informed Littleborough Civic Trust members that the planning application is ready for discussion at the group’s next meeting on the 16th January. The group hope to submit this in the very near future.

Discussions were ongoing regarding moving the boat to Schofield Street. This will be discussed at the groups next meeting and John F Kay was charged with contacting Rochdale MBC to request a representative be present at that meeting to try to take this forward.

12. Any Other Business
• Northern Forest – the Government have announced the proposal of planting of trees across our region. Littleborough Civic Trusdt members felt that we would like more information regarding this project, especially as it could contribute to ‘slow the flow’ flood resilience.
Peter Hook to contact Manchester City of Trees to arrange a representative to come to give us a briefing on the proposals.
• Crook Hill Community Fund – Michael Price suggested the Canalside Development Group may want to apply for funding to refurbish the Café Boat. Documentation regarding this was passed to a group member for discussion at their next meeting.
• Sound System in Littleborough Square – Peter Hook suggested that this was an issue for LEAF to discuss and progress. Ian Jackson reminded the meeting that RochdaleMBC have a borough-wide contractor for events such as Remembrance Sunday.

Next Meeting 13th February 2018 at 7.00pm at Hare Hill House.


Ian Jackson
Secretary
Littleborough Civic Trust