Members present:

Peter Hook, Ian Jackson, John F Kay, Shaun Clancy, Michael Price, Julian Farnell, Gillian Price, Ann Stott, Angie Walker, Iain S Gerrard & Carl Clancy.

1. The meeting opened at 7.00 pm with Chairman Peter Hook welcoming everyone

2. Apologies for absence: None were received.

3. Submissions for Any Other Business: Tony Lloyd MP; car parking; Co-op; Removal of signage.

4. Matters arising from previous minutes - Accepted

5. Treasurers Report - John F Kay

Littleborough Civic Trust: £2381.34
Canalside Development Group: £1779.82

Canal And River Trust have been paid £90.00.

6. Planning ApplicationsAll

• The Rake Inn has applied to build an extension. As it is a Grade 11 listed building Littleborough Civic Trust would like to see the plans, to ensure design is in keeping with the existing building; before any comments are made. Peter Hook to contact planning department for more detail.

• Proofings – Continuing to press for an extensive environmental survey of the site. Ian Jackson has been in contact with Lancashire Wildlife Trust who have informed him that there are local groups who may want to get involved in the Bat Survey for the site. He is awaiting contact details

7. Littleborough Canalside Development Group - John F Kay

Canal and River Trust have received and been paid for the application for mooring of the Cafe Boat and members are awaiting their decision before they can continue to the next stage.

8. News/Events

A discussion took place as to how best to use social media to the best effect for Littleborough Civic Trust. Angie Walker asked all present to look at the website and feedback ideas at the next meeting.
It was suggested that we re-instate the Newsletter and members were asked to contribute articles, photographs etc. for inclusion
Angie Walker, Iain S. Gerrard and Ian Jackson to meet to discuss ideas for website presentation and report back at next meeting.

9. Flood Resilience Group update - Michael Price

There is an update on the Environment Agency website as to what has been done/what is being done in the Rochdale area to prevent flooding.
There is a meeting at Manchester Metropolitan University on 19th August, 10.00am - 4.00pm, Room 122, entitled From the Flood to the Future. All are welcome.
Sarah Parkington was asked again about the possibility of a siren for Littleborough. She will investigate the possibility.
Due to holidays, the next meeting will not be until October.

10. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly scheme

The Good
• Wild flowers on Milnrow Rd.
• Car park are on Canal St.

The Bad
• ‘Railway St. sign wrongly located on The Square.

The Ugly
• Advertising hoarding on Canal St. (possibly no planning permission)
• Black/Yellow hazard marking on railway arches (listed structure)

11. Littleborough Civic Trust visit to Chester - John F. Kay

Trip to take place on Sunday, 3rd December. Morning to be spent with Chester Civic Trust. Afternoon to explore Xmas market. Cost of £15 per person. Details to be posted on Littleborough Civic Trust website.

12. Canal and River Trust requestIan Jackson

There was disappointing response for help on designated days to assist with the clearing and planting along the canal for Pennine in Bloom. It was suggested that more advertising of the activities is required. Two benches have been placed near to the lock by the Canal and River Trust

13. Any Other BusinessALL

• Ian Jackson is giving a ‘History of the Rochdale Canal at Littleborough’ presentation on behalf of Littleborough Civic Trust to the Littleborough Historical and Archæological Society on Thursday 10th August at 8.00pm. All are welcome but this could be used as another Littleborough Civic Trust open meeting with Ian Jackson as the speaker.

• Meeting with Tony Lloyd confirmed as 8th September (now deferred). Michael Price to email all members with details. Two main topics are car parking and housing/infrastructure.

• Councillor Janet Emsley has been approached regarding progress for car park on the old gasworks site. The site is still in need of a deep survey.

• Co-op: 6 people have volunteered to work on the Co-op quarter identification project with the help of Sue Oakley of Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council.

• Removal of signage: A member of the public has asked for out of date signage to be removed from lamp posts etc This item will be referred to LEAF.

Next meeting 12th September 2017. At 7.00pm at Hare Hill House.


Ian Jackson
Secretary
Littleborough Civic Trust