Minutes of meeting held on the 12 June 2018
at Hare Hill House, Littleborough
Peter Hook, Ian Jackson, John F Kay, Iain S Gerrard, Nick Andrews, Gillian Price, Mike Price, Julian Farnell, R. Street (visitor) & J. Stanley (visitor)
1. The meeting opened at 7.00 pm with Peter Hook welcoming everyone.
2. Apologies for absence: Shaun Clancy, Carl Clancy, Angie Walker, Janet Emsley, Ann Stott, & Barry Cropper.
3. Submissions for Any Other Business:None Received
4. Minutes of meeting of 8th May and matters arising: No matters arising.
5. Treasurers Report - John F Kay
Total in account £3504.16 of which £1317.82 is earmarked for the Canalside Development Group.
6. Planning Applications updates- All
7. Canalside Development Group update - John F Kay/Julian Farnell
At the time of going to press, a local farmer has offered to house the boat so that the long-awaited refurbishment to turn the boat into a floating café can now commence. The boat will be moved to his premises very shortly
8. Flood Resilience Group update - Mike Price
A meeting is arranged with Manchester University, which will be led by Peter Gugas looking at what is already in place and what may need to be put in place. Members of Littleborough Civic Trust Flood Resilience Group will attend. Mike Price attended an Environment Agency meeting as they look to update their website to give more specific/appropriate information on flood warnings. This was a question and answer session for the Environment Agency to gain ideas for improvement.
9. News/Events/Rock in the Park – All
It was felt that the timescale for this to take place this year was too short, albeit some progress had been made. After further discussion is was decided that this project should be a focus for 2019 as we are now aware of what is required.
10. Any Other Business
Next Meeting 10th July at 7.00pm at Hare Hill House.
Littleborough Civic Trust