Members present:

Peter Hook, Ian Jackson, John F Kay, Michael Price, Gillian Price, Iain S Gerrard, Nick Andrews, Shaun Clancy & Carl Clancy.

1. The meeting opened at 7.00 pm with Peter Hook welcoming everyone.

2. Apologies for absence:Angie Walker, Julian Farrell, Ann Stott & Janet Emsley.

3. Submissions for Any Other Business: Peter Hook re local signage; Ian Jackson re Remembrance Sunday debrief

4. Matters arising from previous minutes: The minutes were agreed with no matters arising

5. Treasurers Report - John F Kay
Littleborough Civic Trust funds: £2171.34
Canalside: £1779.82
Xmas market Chester trip loss + coach parking £40.00
Income received for 2018 membership to date £30.00

6. Planning Applications - All
Akzo Nobel site
The site has been purchased by HM Government, Home & Communities Agency (HCA). At present the intentions of the HCA regarding the site are unknown, i.e. will they develop it or sell it on? It was felt that the HCA should be approached regarding their intentions.
Littleborough Civic Trust and various members of the public have concerns re developing the site and it was felt that after a response from HCA we should make our findings public. Nick Andrews will approach the HCA and produce a draft document to be sent to committee members for perusal before being put in the public domain. A multi group working party can then be set up chaired by Littleborough Civic Trust to address all the issues regarding the site to ensure all interested parties have a voice.

7. Littleborough Canalside Development Group - Julian Farrell
There is a decision in principle from RMBC that the boat can be stored in the shed on Schofield St. This will allow restoration to commence and Insurance to be sought.
Planning permission for the boat is still in progress with Julian Farrell. Ian Jackson would like the group to meet week commencing 18th December to move this forward as things seemed to have stalled significantly.

8. News/Events
John Kay gave a report re the trip to Chester. This was enjoyed by all who went. The lady guide assigned to the group was very good and it was felt that the group should send her a Xmas card stating this fact. He felt it was a good PR exercise for Littleborough Civic Trust and is looking to arrange another trip in the spring, maybe to York or Harrogate. Everyone was in favour of this.

9. Flood Resilience Group update - Michael Price
No recent information

10. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly scheme
Various ideas have been submitted in each category and a decision on the winner will be decided in January 2018.
Photographs have been taken of all nominations and it was felt that these should be published on Littleborough Civic Trust websites in a timely manner.

12. Any Other Business
• Remembrance Day debrief: Ian Jackson attended this meeting.
The day itself went well with an excellent turnout from the public. There was a glitch with the PA system which will be rectified for next year. One or two lessons were learnt and these will be addressed for next years’ service which is the 100th anniversary falling on the 11th day of the 11th month.
There is a meeting scheduled for April to start discussions for the 2018 ceremony.
• Signage:
The signage group have now met and decided in the first instance to focus on Littleborough centre. They would like to see the headline on the new signs reading Welcome to Littleborough as opposed to Welcome to Rochdale. They will also work on other projects within the centre. Councillor Janet Emsley has agreed to be the link between the group and RMBC and they have been advised that money has been ring fenced for this project. All the local councillors are supporting this project.
• Charities Commission:
Nick Andrews will get the constitution document up to date with new committee members, Annual report and Treasurers report etc., and then pass over the point of contact to Ian Jackson.
• Website:
It was suggested that when interesting items were put on the Littleborough Civic Trust website that an email be sent to members informing them of this to enable Littleborough Civic Trust to keep the members updated of events etc.

Next meeting/Annual General Meeting 9th January 2018 at 7.00pm at Hare Hill House.


Ian Jackson
Secretary
Littleborough Civic Trust