Members present:
Ian Jackson, Michael Price, Gillian Price, Barry Cropper, Nick Andrews, Shaun Clancy, Janet Emsley, Ann Stott, John Kay, Iain Gerrard & Vivienne Ashworth.

The meeting was opened by Ian Jackson at 7.30pm

1. Apologies for absence:
Carl Clancy.

2. Submissions for Any Other Business
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly;
Remembrance Sunday;
Civic Voice

3. Minutes of previous meeting and matters arising
Janet Emsley requested her name be added to the Littleborough Civic Trust website as a Committee Member- Iain Gerrard to update website.
Item 11. LCT awareness Iain Gerrard’s wife has volunteered to make the Black Peas for the awareness event to be held on 1st December. Michael Price will arrange a gazebo for the event. Volunteers will be required to assist on the night.

4. Treasurer's Report
Civic Voice subscription has now been paid, otherwise funds are as before

5. Membership Update
31 paid up members. Secretary has sent out reminders to the 3 members still to pay

6. Planning Applications Update.
There is still some concern regarding the approval of planning permission for houses to be built at New Road but various agencies have been informed/are aware of the flood risk.
There are suspicions that Taylor Wimpey already own land at the proposed development site off Smithybridge Road. This will be investigated.
Railway Station – Network Rail have submitted a ‘prior approval to works’ regarding the lengthening of the platform and change of steps access to the station. Littleborough Civic Trust has no objection to the improvement of the station but feels that the proposed position of the new steps is unacceptable. A suggestion for a different position will be put to Network Rail.
A discussion took place regards banners and posters being displayed in the centre of Littleborough that are inappropriate in size and colour. A careful eye will be kept on the situation and Littleborough Civic Trust will act if necessary.

7. Canalside Development Group.
The Café Boat is now situated at Higher Fold Farm and work has commenced on its refurbishment. It is hoped it will be completed for use by Spring 2019. Iain Gerrard would like photographs of the ongoing refurbishment so that he can put them on the Littleborough Civic Trust website

8. Flood Resilience Group Report.
Members of the group attended a multi-agency meeting at Hare Hill House on the afternoon of 11th September to discuss the flooding issues suffered by Littleborough and the surrounding districts. They were advised that 46 million pounds funding will be made available for projects to get underway to try to alleviate future flooding.
There will be a drop-in session for the general public to meet with multi-agency representatives at Hare Hill House on Tuesday 18th September 3.00 -7.00 pm. Advertising leaflets have been distributed to householders who suffered badly from the Boxing Day floods but all are welcome.
Peter Gugas has sent a bulletin to The National Flood Forum regarding ongoing work within the Littleborough area.
Nick Andrews is still working closely with Manchester University and it has been suggested that a meeting with an invited audience of people affected by the Boxing Day flood be set up to ask their views as to how things could have been done better. If projects are identified from this meeting there are grants available to finance any research or developments to take this forward. Nick Andrews would apply for funding, if appropriate.

9. Social Media Update
Michael Price will continue to investigate the use of Littleborough Online and Facebook as a means of advertising the Littleborough Civic Trust

10. Any Other Business
Michael Price will re-instate The Good, The Bad and The Ugly for judging in early 2019.
Ian Jackson is involved again this year with the preparations for the Remembrance Service on 11th November and will update Littleborough Civic Trust of the arrangements and need for volunteers on a regular basis.
Ian Jackson will distribute a letter to all members from the Executive Director of Civic Voice. If you want to voice any opinions please direct to Ian himself.

Meeting closed at 9.00 pm.

Next Meeting 9th October at 7.30pm at Hare Hill House.

Please note all members are welcome