LITTLEBOROUGH CIVIC TRUST
Minutes of meeting held on the 11th April 2017
at Hare Hill House, Littleborough
Peter Hook, Ian Jackson, John F. Kay, Shaun Clancy, Michael Price, Nick Andrews, Gillian Price, Tim Wood, Carl Clancy, Councillor Ann Stott, Murray Knight & Mr. E. Wroe (visitor)
1. The meeting opened at 7.00pm with the Secretary, Ian Jackson welcoming everyone. Chairman Peter Hook arrived a short time later
2. Apologies for absence were received from: Angie Walker, Iain S. Gerrard & Julian Farnell
3. The previous minutes of 14th March were agreed with one matter arising. John F. Kay reported that he had applied for free passes from National Trust. No reply as yet. Suggested venue is Dunham Massey on 21st. May 2017, to be confirmed.
4. Treasurer's Report - John F. Kay.
Total of £4211.16 in the bank of which £1869.82 is ring fenced for the Canalside Development Group. £250 in subscription fees i.e. 25 members
5. Planning Applications -All.
Proofings – Peter Hook has emailed RMBC Planning Dept. re our further concerns for the site and is to arrange a meeting to discuss these issues with them.
Gigg House – A derelict building behind Hare Hill House (Old Council Yard). Could this be developed for Community use. Site visit to be arranged.
Mr Eddie Wroe has submitted a plan for a bungalow at Ealees which has been declined by the Planning Dept. He is to resubmit the plans and has asked if the Civic Trust is in a position to support his application. It was agreed that we would look at the plans when submitted and discuss at the next LCT meeting.
6. Town Centre Conservation Area - Peter Hook
Peter Hook has spoken to Councillors asking if Hare Hill House, Hare Hill Park and surrounds could be included in the Conservation Area. Ian Jackson asked should we look at the conservation area as a whole in case other areas needed to be included. It was agreed that for the time being we would just ask for the park and surrounds to be included and revisit the whole area at a later date
7. Littleborough Canalside Development Group - John F. Kay
Ongoing aspects of the development of the Cafe Boat i.e. plans etc. to be discussed by the Canalside group – no significant updates at present.
8. Flood Resilience Group Update - Michael Price
Holy Trinity School have invited members of the Flood Group to attend their school on 21st April to view the pupils work regarding flooding. This has been a project between the school and Save the Children.
A Beta version of live forecast of flood warnings invites feedback regarding the website and several members are active in this. The system seems very comprehensive at this time.
9. National Civic Day 2017 - Peter Hook
The 'Big Lunch’ is to take place on Sunday 18th June alongside events in the Park to coincide with the Jo Cox Community Day.
There will be organised walks on Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th June as previously discussed.
10. Professor David Evans visit (May).
Peter Hook to organise posters advertising the event.
11. Any Other Business.
Ian Jackson asked Nick Andrews if the Constitution had been completed. Nick Andrews still working on it.
Ian Jackson asked Ann Stott if the lowering of the kerbs on a section of Smithy Bridge Road was for speed camera vehicles – affirmative.
Ian Jackson has asked Councillor Janet Emsley for an update from July 2016 on the car parking facilities – this is ongoing and a survey still needs to be done.
Peter Hook indicated another supermarket chain is applying for permission to build on the site behind IMO car wash.
Next meeting 9th May 2017. At 6.30pm at Hare Hill House.
Note: Earlier start time due to Professor Evans visit.
Littleborough Civic Trust