LITTLEBOROUGH CIVIC TRUST
Minutes of meeting held on the 10 October 2017
at Hare Hill House, Littleborough
John F. Kay, Michael Price, Gillian Price, Iain S Gerrard, Nick Andrews, Angie Walker, Julian Farrell, Shaun Clancy, Carl Clancy & Ann Stott.
1. The meeting opened at 7.00 pm with Nick Andrews welcoming everyone
2. Apologies for absence:Peter Hook & Ian Jackson
3. Submissions for Any Other Business:Nick Andrews re Charity Status; Michael Price re Remembrance Sunday.
4. Matters arising from previous minutes:
• Removal of old signage – LEAF undertaken this activity.
• No charge for members attending meeting with Tony Lloyd MP
• Notice boards ~ meeting 30/10/17 of interested parties across Pennines.
• Network Rail did not apply for planning permission for Black/Yellow markings on railway arches. LCT to comment when ‘retrospective’ application is published.
5. Treasurers Report - John F Kay
Littleborough Civic Trust: £2216.34
Canalside Development Group: £1779.82
6. Trip to Chester
Tickets available to members until 20th October. After this date, open to other societies/public.
7. Planning Applications - All
Proofings have now vacated the Hare Hill Road premises and the electricity supply disconnected
8. Littleborough Canalside Development Group - John F. Kay
The group has received a letter of ‘approval in principle’ for the mooring of the Café Boat. Planning consent can now be applied for and this will be discussed at their next meeting on the 19th. September. It is intended to issue a press release for information to the general public. (No change from last meeting)
Littleborough Civic Trust Day ~ 23rd June 2018
Civic Voice Annual Convention/AGM ~ 20-23 October 2017
10. Flood Resilience Group update - Michael Price
10. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly scheme
Ian Jackson, Peter Hook, Michael Price, Gillian Price met to discuss the way forward. Michael Price to set up an email address for members/public to submit items. Categories winners/losers to be published in January.
Ian Jackson is to make a press release. (delayed due to illness)
12. Any Other Business
• Michael Price attended a preliminary meeting on behalf of Ian Jackson, regarding Remembrance Sunday. Ian Jackson will attend a further one on 25th October to demonstrate Littleborough Civic Trust’s support.
• NIck Andrews informed the meeting that Littleborough Civic Trust’s application for charitable status has been accepted and requested that members check the website for any inaccuracies.
Next meeting/Annual General Meeting 14th October 2017 at 6.30pm at Hare Hill House.
Littleborough Civic Trust